101 Days of Code

Inspired by the "101 Days of" threads on RPG.net and the desire for broader experience with programming languages I am going to exclusively use a language unfamiliar to me for 101 days and record the results here.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

101 Days of C/C++ -- Day 1

I spent today reading up on GUI frameworks. I can't find one that I like. Perhaps I'll have to build my own. I did find SDL though. Very nice indeed. Built all of the examples and read through it's docs to get a feel for it. I think I'll spend some time later tonight going through the user submitted source in the Download section to see if I like it as much as I think I will -- It has already shown itself to be friendlier than the WinAPI, GDI, OpenGL, and DirectX for software rendering.

Shame there doesn't seem to be a GUI framework that quite fits what I'm looking for. I am goind to check out both Zero Memory Widget and Claro Graphics though. I stumbled across them in my search for the perfect framework and liked the code samples they showed more than the other dozen or so frameworks I looked at.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home